This post explains about Microsoft Dynamics 365 2019 Release Wave 2. The releases plan for the 2019 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020 for Dynamics 365. You can either browse the release notes online or download the document as a PDF file.
New for wave 2: The Power Platform (PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, and Power BI) features coming in the 2019 release wave 2 have been summarized in a separate release plan.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 2019 Release Wave 2 overview
The 2019 release wave 2 for Dynamics 365 brings new innovations that provide you with significant capabilities to transform your business.
The enhancements to Dynamics 365 applications include hundreds of new capabilities across the business process applications:
- Customer Service
- Field Service
- Project Service Automation
- Finance and Operations
- Business Central
The 2019 release wave 2 enhances artificial intelligence capabilities to help organizations accelerate their transformation of customer service, sales, and marketing functions:
- Sales Insights empowers teams with more foresight, to enhance productivity and better anticipate outcomes across the sales lifecycle.
- Customer Service Insights provides an actionable view into critical performance metrics, operational data, and emerging trends using industry-leading artificial intelligence.
- Virtual Agent for Customer Service enables organizations to create AI-powered bots that chat with customers and provides new opportunities for organizations to improve customer service through digital transformation.
- Customer Insights enables every organization to unify and understand their customer data to harness it for intelligent insights and actions.
- Market Insights enables business users to gather actionable insights based on what consumers say, seek, and feel about their brands and products.
- Fraud Protection enables the e-commerce merchants to drive down fraud loss, increase bank acceptance rates to yield higher revenue, and improve the online shopping experience.
The 2019 release wave 2 continues to add a whole new set of experiences to enhance employee productivity using mixed reality:
- Remote Assist empowers technicians to solve problems faster the first time.
- The layout provides a new way for space planners to bring designs from concept to completion with confidence and speed.
- Product Visualize empowers salespeople to convey the true potential of their products to their customers by harnessing the power of augmented reality on their mobile devices.
- Guides is a mixed-reality application for Microsoft HoloLens that enables employees to learn in the flow of work by providing holographic instructions when and where they need them.
This release plan describes functionality that may not have been released yet. Delivery timelines and projected functionality may change or may not ship.
New for Microsoft Dynamics 365 2019 Release Wave 2
In the April ’19 release, we heard feedback that it was not clear which features were turned on automatically and when exactly each feature would be delivered. To address this, we mention when each feature will be available. In addition, we call out how each feature is enabled:
- End users, automatically: These features include change(s) to the user experience for end-users and are enabled automatically.
- Admins, makers, or analysts, automatically: These features are meant to be used by administrators, makers, or business analysts and are enabled automatically.
- End-users by admins, makers, or analysts: These features must be enabled or configured by the administrators, makers, or business analysts to be available for their end-users.