This topic describes how to create the second Microsoft Dynamics AX Retail online store. You deploy the second online store by using Windows PowerShell after you make changes in the oob-settings.xml and oob-topology.xml files. The second online store shares some components with a first or primary online store. In the context of Microsoft Dynamics Axapta Retail online store, these shared components are combined into the entity called Common Global Modules.
This topic includes the following information.
- Before you begin
- Install a second online store
- Walkthrough: Install the second online store for French language users
Before you begin
You must complete the following tasks before you deploy a second Dynamics AX Retail online store.
|Install the primary online store||The second online store shares global components with the primary online store. You must install the primary online store before you install a second store.|
|Create the copy of the primary online store XML files|| Locate the oob-settings.xml and oob-topology.xml files for a primary online store in the following folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Retail Online Channel\tools
Make a copy of these files so that you have the record of the settings used for the primary online store.
Install a second online store
You install the second online store by using Windows PowerShell. And you configure the following parameters in the oob-settings and oob-topology XML files. Because you made the copy of the primary online store XML files, you can update parameters directly in the XML files in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Retail Online Channel\tools folder.
If you installed a primary online store by using Setup.exe, the system creates new copies of the oob-settings.xml and oob-topology.xml files. These files are called oob-settings-updated.xml and oob-topology-updated.xml. The updated files contain the configuration settings you entered in the Setup.exe. Make the copies of updated files and store them in a separate location. In a Tool folder, change the names back to oob-settings.xml and oob-topology.xml and configure these again as described in this section.
Mention unique values for the following parameters in the oob-settings.xml file.
The following values must be identical for the multiple online stores in a SharePoint web farm.
The following values can be identical or different for multiple online stores in the SharePoint web farm.
Update the following parameters in the oob-topology.xml file.
- Disable deployment for the CommonGlobalModules. These globally shared components were installed with a primary online store deployment. Set the following parameters to false, as shown here:<WSPPackage generate=”false” deploy=”false” retract=”false”> <RootFolder>..\CommonGlobalModules</RootFolder>
- Disable the custom claims provider feature. These globally shared components were installed and activated with a primary online store deployment. Set the following parameter to false, as given here:<FeatureToActivate activate=”false” name=”SharePoint.Web.Storefront_CustomClaimsProviderSettingsFeature_[SharepointPackageInstanceIdentifier]” urlXpath=”Settings/SiteCollection[@id=’RetailPublishingPortal’]/Url” />
- Disable the TrustedIdentityTokenProvider. You will reuse the identity providers that were installed with a primary online store deployment. Set the following parameters to false, as given here:<TrustedIdentityTokenIssuer id=”Facebook” install=”false” deleteifexists=”false”>
- Save your changes.
- Run the Windows PowerShell commands to install a second online store.
Run Windows PowerShell scripts
Use this procedure to run the Windows PowerShell commands to install a second online store. For more detailed information about these scripts, see “Run PowerShell scripts to create and configure the online store” in Install a Dynamics AX Retail online store (e-commerce).
On a server where you want to run the scripts, open the tools folder where the PowerShell scripts are installed. By default, they are located here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics AX\60\Retail Online Channel\tools folder
- If you’re using Windows Server 2012 or a later operating system, use Windows Explorer to open the folder where the scripts are installed. Then click File > Open Windows PowerShell > Open Windows PowerShell as the administrator. If you’re using Windows Server 2008 R2 or an earlier operating system, start pw_wps as the administrator. Then, change the directory by using the given command: CD “<Path to directory>”.
- Run the following command to verify and install prerequisites for the online store: .\InstallPrereqs-SPFarm.ps1 oob-topology.xml oob-settings.xml. When a system finishes the operation, you can execute the next script.
- In the Windows PowerShell console, run the below command to generate the WSP file for the online store: .\Generate-WSP.ps1 oob-topology.xml oob-settings.xml
- In Windows PowerShell console, run the following command to deploy the solution to SharePoint.
.\Deploy-FarmSolutions.ps1 oob-topology.xml oob-settings.xml
Configure the publishing job
- In SharePoint Central Administration, under System Settings, click to the Manage Farm Features.
- Find Dynamics AX Retail Publishing Job 1 in the list and click Deactivate.
- In Windows Explorer, locate the given file and open it in Notepad:C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\15\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\SharePoint.Services.RetailJobs_RetailPublishingJobFeature_1\Assets\RetailPublishingJob.App.config
- Search for the <PublishingPortals> section. Replace the existing section with the following:
<add Name =”Main Publishing Portal” Value=”[PublishingPortalInternalUrl]” />
<!– specify the list of additional publishing portals –>
<add Name =”French Publishing Portal” Value=”<http://ServerName:60002/sites/RetailPublishingPortal>” />
Save your changes.
- In SharePoint Central Administration, click Activate to reactivate Dynamics AX Retail Publishing Job 1.
- After publishing job completes, view the French publishing portal in a web browser and verify that the navigational hierarchy matches the translated hierarchy you configured in the previous procedure.
- See the English publishing portal and verify that its navigation hierarchy is still displayed in English.
- In the English publishing portal, click to the Product information management > Released Products.
- In the search textbox type SP10101 and then click the [Enter] button. You should view just one item displayed and selected.
- Click Translations and then choose French from the Language drop-down list.
- Provide French translations for Description and the Product name then click Close.
- Edit the catalog, validate it, submit for approval, approve, publish, and then execute the job 1150. For more data about approving and publishing a catalog.