You can use the Dynamics AX cash management and the Dynamics AX bank management to maintain the legal entity’s bank accounts and the financial instruments that are associated with those bank accounts. These instruments add deposit slips, checks, bills of exchange, and promissory notes. You can also reconcile the bank statements and print bank information on standard reports.
Creating the bank groups, bank transaction types, the bank accounts that the legal entity has in each bank group, and check layouts for the bank accounts.
You can view bank information by using standard inquiries, reconcile bank statements, and print bank data in standard reports. This data adds the balances, payment lists, summaries, deposit slips, payment advice, and bank transactions that are not reconciled.
Axapta Cash management and AX Bank management at a glance
|Important tasks||Primary forms||Popular reports|
|Create a deposit slip||Cash and bank management parameters (form)||Bank reconciliation report (BankReconciliation)|
|Reconcile a bank account||Bank accounts (form)||Bank statement report (BankAccountStatement)|
|Make payment by check||Deposit slip (form)||Payment advice report (BankPaymAdviceCheque)|
|Generate the check on a ledger account or a bank account||Check (form)||Deposit slip report (BankDepositSlip)|
|Request and issue the letter of guarantee||Letter of guarantee (form)|
Integration of Cash and bank management
Microsoft Dynamics Axapta Cash management and Microsoft Dynamics AX bank management can be integrated with the following modules and Microsoft products:
- Accounts payable: Accounts payable (AP) is money owed by the business to its suppliers shown as the liability on a company’s balance sheet.
- Accounts receivable: The accounts receivable is the legal claim for payment held by the business for goods supplied and/or services rendered that customers/clients have ordered but not paid for.
- General ledger: The General ledger works as a central repository for accounting data transferred from all subledgers or modules like accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, fixed assets, purchasing, and projects.
- Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services: SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) is the online analytical processing and information mining tool in Microsoft SQL Server.
- SQL Server Reporting Services: SQL Server Reporting Services is the server-based report generating software system from Microsoft.
- Microsoft Excel: Microsoft Excel is the software program produced by Microsoft that allows users to organize, format and calculate information with formulas using a spreadsheet system.