In this article, you will know how to create BOM using AX 2012. A Dynamics AX 2012 BOM consists of the required items (raw materials & service items) and quantities that are required to produce a determined quantity of a Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 BOM item. The user can create multiple versions of Dynamics AX 2012 BOM for an item. Choose the relevant item number, and enter the dates in the From date and To date fields to control the validity period of the Dynamics Axapta Bills of Material version. Use the From qty. field to set the minimum item quantity for using the BOM version.
Path: Product data management ==> Common ==> Released Product
By above-mentioned path select the item then go to Engineer tab and click Lines
An item with single BOM Version
Click “Create BOM”
Enter BOM Number, Description and Site
Enter line Item number, warehouse, and quantity.
Enter Approved by and then click to OK to approve the BOM.
Click “Activation” to Activate the BOM.
Edit a BOM
- Click the Inventory management > Common > BOM.
- Select an existing BOM.
- Click Designer to open the BOM designer form.
- Select the BOM line that you want to modify, and then click Edit to open the Edit BOM line form.
- Modify the selected BOM.
- Close the form to save your changes.
Create a BOM version
- To create another version of the new BOM, press CTRL+N in the Versions grid to create a new line.
- Choose the relevant item number, and enter dates in the From date and To date fields to control the validity period of the Bills of Material version. Use the From qty. field to set the minimum item quantity for using the Bills of Materials version.
- Click Approve to approve the BOM version.
- Select the Active check box to make the BOM version active.
Change a BOM item
- Click to the Inventory management > Periodic > Bills of materials > Change BOM item.
- In the To item number field, choose the item that you want to include.
- Click Select to choose the items that you want to replace in all the BOMs, or that you want to append an item to in the BOMs (choose to Append in the Update lines list).
- Click Edit BOM line to see which BOMs will be affected by the changes. Delete the BOMs that you do not want to be affected by the changes.
- If you selected Append, set the From item number valid until calendar to mention how long the existing Bills of Material item will be valid. Then, set the To item number valid from the calendar to specify the date from which the BOMs with the appended item will be valid.
- Click OK to make the changes.