This topic explains how to include and print a Dynamics AX Goods and Services Tax (Dynamics AX GST) relief clause in a tax invoice for goods or services that are eligible for Dynamics AX GST relief. You can print the GST invoice from a sales order, a free text invoice, or a project proposal. When you generate a tax invoice for a customer who has bought a Dynamics AX GST relieved item or service, the relief clause is automatically included in the final printed invoice. You can either use a detailed or simple printing format for the invoice depending on the selection that you make in the General ledger parameters form.
The below table shows the prerequisites that must be in place before you start.
|Version||Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 with the cumulative update 8 (CU8)|
|Related setup tasks||
Create a GST relief category
Use the GST relief category form to mention a reference number for the item that has been granted GST relief. You must also give the schedule number of the GST Act under which the relief has been granted. The relief item number and the schedule number are both added in the final Dynamics AX GST invoice.
To create the GST relief category, follow these steps:
- General ledger > Setup > the Sales tax > GST relief category.
- Click New to create a record.
In the Relief item number field, enter the item number for which you are looking GST relief.
- In a Relief schedule field, enter the relief schedule for the GST relief category.
Create a GST relief group
After you create a GST relief category, you must attach the category to a Dynamics AX GST relief group. You can attach the GST relief group to multiple GST relief categories.
To create the GST relief group, follow these steps:
- General ledger > Setup > the Sales tax > GST relief group.
- Click New to create a group, and then include a name and a description for the group.
- On the GST relief category FastTab, click Add to include a GST relief category to a GST relief group.
- In the GST relief category, select a category.
Assign a GST relief group to a customer
Use the Customers form to associate the customer with a GST relief group.
To assign the GST relief group to a customer, follow these steps:
- Click to the Accounts receivable > Common > Customers > All customers.
- Create or select the customer account, and then click Edit.
- On the Invoice and delivery FastTab, in the GST relief group field, choose a relief group to which the customer belongs.
Assign a GST relief category to a product
You must assign the relief category to a product to indicate that the product is eligible for the GST relief.
To assign the GST relief category to a product, follow these steps:
- Click to the Product information management > Common > Released products.
- Create or choose a released product, and then click Edit.
- On the Sell FastTab, in the GST relief category field, choose a GST relief category for the product.
Print the relief clause on a GST invoice
You can either use the Sales order form, or Free text invoice form, or the Invoice proposals form to generate and print a tax invoice with a GST relief clause for a customer.
To print the relief clause on a Dynamics AX GST invoice, follow these steps:
- Click Sales and marketing > Common > the Sales orders > All sales orders. Create or select a sales order, and then click Edit.–or–Click Accounts receivable > Common > Free text invoices > All free text invoices. Create or choose a free text invoice, and then click Edit.–or–Click to the Project management and accounting > Common > Project invoices > Project invoice proposals. Create or choose a project invoice proposal, and then click Edit.
- In the Sales order form, click to the Header view, and then on the General FastTab, in the Invoice type field, choose GST invoice.–or–In the Free text invoice form, click Header view, and then on the General FastTab, in the Invoice type field, choose GST invoice.–or–In the Invoice proposals form, on the Invoice proposal header FastTab, in the GST invoice type field, choose GST invoice.
- Post and the print a tax invoice with the GST relief clause from a sales order, free text invoice, or invoice proposal.
Technical information for system administrators
If you don’t have access to the pages that are used to complete this task, contact your system administrator and give the information that is shown in the following table.
|Security roles and privileges||To print the GST customer invoices with a relief clause, you must be a member of a security role that includes the following privileges.