This article explains about Power Platform Administration Center which is a new admin center that combines PowerApps, Flow, and Dynamics 365 administration management together in one single site. If you’ve managed the Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement tenants and instances, you’ve used the Dynamics 365 admin center.
With the merge of Common Data Service (CDS) for Apps and the Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement platform, a new admin center is introduced – the Power Platform Administration center.
To accomplish the day-to-day tasks, administrators currently navigate to multiple admin centers. As the unification of the platform for business applications, administrators are provided with a unified admin center.
Power Platform Administration Center Help and Support
Go here to get the real-time, self-help recommendations and get support for Dynamics 365, PowerApps, and Microsoft Flow.
- Open the new support requests and check progress on existing ones, select the exact instance or environment that requires support.
- Select the exact instance or the environment that requires support.
- Get the self-help guidance without having to go through support by clicking on See solutions.
- For example, if you are experiencing issues with your storage consumption, the suggested action takes you directly to the Analytics section of the Power platform administration center to view storage breakdown per environment.
Power Platform Administration Center Key Highlights
- View metrics for your CDS for Apps. You no longer need to install or update the solution. Instead, you can view the analytics right from the Power platform admin center, Analytics > Common Data Service for Apps, to quickly view adoption, usage, API statistics, top plugin and workflow failures, and more.
- Access to analytics – all the tenant admins can access the analytics for Common Data Service for Apps, Microsoft Flow, and PowerApps. Additionally, the system admins of the 9.0 CDS for Apps environments can also access the analytics for their environments.
- This initial release allows the tenant admins to view these reports on a per-environment basis for a maximum period of 28 days.
- In addition, the Microsoft Flow and PowerApps analytics are now also available in the Power platform admin center, under the same Analytics section. Learn more about the Flow and PowerApps analytics in a blog to be posted soon. Check back here for the link. It will provide the details on all that is shipping with this preview such as usage (screenshot below), runs, and other insights.
Power Platform Administration Center Environment Management
- Now you can have a single list of all your environments (known as instances in the Dynamics 365 admin center) that is more performant, allows you to sort on all properties, search across environments, and open environments.
- Clicking on a specific environment takes you to the environment hub where you can see more details such as the admin mode settings, security group assignment, and service health.
- You no longer need to manage all the settings by opening each environment, you can do it all in the Power platform admin center, just click Settings.
- For example, you can now easily manage your email configuration settings using our Email settings and the Email tracking pages. Within the Email settings page, you can quickly manage how you want your users to sync their correspondence with the important clients and leads using the synchronization methods settings.
- Initially, a few settings and the operations will be available.
- Access the other Power admin centers. In the meantime, you can access the Dynamics 365 admin center, Microsoft Flow, PowerApps, and PowerBI under Admin centers.