In this post, we will tell you about Sales Territory Management in Microsoft D365 CRM or Sales Territory Management in Dynamics CRM using Maps.
Territory Management has always been an important part of every business not just to improve sales and revenue potential but also to get a stronghold of customer and market segments. In Dynamics 365 we always had the option of creating territories since inception.
Our aim has always been to extend the existing Microsoft Dynamics CRM Territory option native to the product and build upon it. Territory Management feature in Maplytics has helped users to significantly improve sales and customer satisfaction.
Territory Management made easy in Dynamics 365/CRM
- Territory Management feature in Maplytics helps users to add geographical boundaries (be it shape or a region) on a map of the sales territories defined in Dynamics CRM.
- With Maplytics Jan 2017 release, we have taken this functionality further by adding editable Geographies feature.
- Now, users can edit the existing defined geographies on a map within MS Dynamics 365, making the process of defining territories effortless.
Simplifying Sales Territory Management within Dynamics CRM
- The process of sales territory management does not end with just making the territories for analysis.
- The Sales Manager would want to take some actions like reassigning sales territories, adding tasks for the Salesperson to follow up with particular customers in that specific territory and changing ownership of CRM records.
- We have discussed the next steps and actions Sales Managers can perform with Maplytics and efficiently balance & distribute sales territories to transform their business with geo-analytics.
Define Geographic Regions for Sales Territory in Dynamics CRM
- Through Maplytics you can now define the geographic regions that are being covered under a territory.
- You can define the geographies either by providing a list of zipcodes that the territory covers or it might just be a city or a state that you categorize a territory as.
- If you have a bespoke region and would prefer to just draw that on the map to define it, we have a tool to help you do just that.
Quickly Setup new Sales Territories in Dynamics 365 CRM using Bulk Geographies Feature
- Maplytics radically simplifies the process of sales territory management in Dynamics CRM by allowing users to associate geographical boundaries to sales territories, efficiently perform important activities like reassigning sales territories.
- In the last release of Maplytics, we have tried to add another small but important feature in Territory Management to make it’s management a bit easier.
- Earlier users were able to edit the existing defined geographies on the map within MS Dynamics 365 CRM, now users have the option to upload multiple geographies through an Excel file supported by CRM using the Bulk Geographies feature in Maplytics.
Quickly assign or reassign Sales Territory within Dynamics 365 CRM using Maplytics Manage Territory feature
After creating geographies into territories, users can run the Territory assignment workflow which assigns territories to all the records that fall under the regions defined in the respective territories on basis of the latitude and Longitude present in the record. Also, the user can assign territory using Mass actions – Execute workflow on Detail map.
We are again moving one more step ahead of where users can now create territories right on the map screen. They can upload a shapefile or the excel file to create territories. Users can search by region on the basis of the City, State, Country, etc. or by drawing a shape on the map using the fully custom drawing tool. Now users can plot their existing territories and perform the alignment.
Contact us with your questions about Sales Territory Management in Microsoft D365 CRM or Sales Territory Management in Dynamics CRM using Maps.