This article explains how to install the Dynamics 365 for Field Service Application for Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement (online). It also includes steps to install the mobile solution and describes how field technicians download and install the mobile app from their device’s app store.
MS Dynamics 365 for Field Service business application assists organizations deliver onsite service to customer locations. The application combines workflow automation, scheduling algorithms and mobility to set mobile workers up for success when they’re onsite with customers fixing issues.
Dynamics 365 for Field Service Application Installation Prerequisites
Before you begin, you need a Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement (online) organization with system administrator access.
Install the Application
You can add a trial or a purchased subscription of the Field Service application to a Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement organization.
Add a Field Service Trial to a Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement Organization
- Using system administrator credentials, sign in to the MS D365 for Customer Engagement organization.
- Go to Settings > Microsoft AppSource. Search for field service trial, choose Dynamics 365 for Field Service trial and then select Free Trial.
- In the Organization to add the application to drop-down list, select the Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement organization name. Review the terms and conditions and then click Agree. Installation may take several minutes.
Purchase a Subscription of Field Service and Add it to a Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement Organization
- On the Office365 Admin Center go to Billing > Purchase Services.
- Choose Dynamics 365 for Field Service Enterprise Edition and then select Buy now.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the application. Installation may take several minutes.
Verify that the Installation is Complete
- Verify that the Field Service application is available from the Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement Main Menu.
- Verify that the Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement custom application includes the Field Service module.
Download the Field Service Mobile App on a Phone or Tablet
Dynamics 365 for Field Service provides the cross-platform, multi-device Field Service Mobile application that is specifically crafted to the field service worker’s needs.
The mobile application is entirely customizable and extensible, allowing any organization to brand the application as its own, define what types of data field service workers can access and much more.
Install the Field Service Mobile Configuration Tool
The configuration tool allows app access for field technician users and allows administrators to tailor make the mobile experience.
- Download the mobile configuration tool and save to your computer.
- In the Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement organization, go to Settings > Solutions. Select Import.
- On the Select Solution Package screen, select the Woodford_#_#_#_#_managed.zip file, and then select Next.
- After the import completes, verify that Woodford appears on the Settings menu. If your not able to see it, refresh the page.
Import the Mobile Project Template
After you install the Field Service Mobile configuration tool, you need to download and import a mobile project that permits you to configure the mobile app for your organization.
The mobile project template contains all customizations for the Field Service Mobile app. A mobile project permits you to customize the mobile experience across devices. For example, you use a mobile project to add, remove and alter the fields, entities, views and forms on the mobile app.
- Open the Mobile Configuration Tool (Woodford) by going to Settings > Woodford and selecting MobileCRM Woodford HTML5. If you experience trouble opening or performing functions in the HTML5 version, you can use the MobileCRM Woodford Legacy in a non-private Internet Explorer browser window.
- You may be asked to set a storage quota. Set to 500MB, and then select OK.
- Register yourself as a user.
- Download mobile project for Field Service Mobile (latest) and save in a location other than the Downloads folder. Note: If you already have an existing mobile project from a previous app version, you will need to manually move the customizations for that project into a derivative of this project.
- Import the mobile project file.
- In the Add Mobile Project dialog,
- enter the name of the mobile project file
- enter a priority value
- assign the template to all field service security roles
- Select OK
- Select and highlight the mobile project template and select Derive.
- Enter a name, a higher priority, and assign to relevant field service security roles.
- Double-click the mobile project template parent and then select Publish All.
- Verify the mobile configurations are published by checking for an arrow next to the projects.