This article explains about Power Business Intelligence Updates. Being a cloud-based business analytics solution, Power BI streamlines the critical business data. With the help of Power BI and its unique versions, it is easy to create rich interactive reports in a fraction of time.
Power BI provides users with a wide range of insights through simplified but effective dashboards, accurate reports and engaging visualizations, thus becoming a seamless tool to bring data to life.
It connects to any data source and brings compelling business insights at a very low cost, delivering real time analytics using effective dashboard on various devices like desktop, mobile, tablets etc.
Microsoft Power BI is designed in a way that it does not require end users to have programming skills to explore, analyze and process the data to make better informed business decisions.
Power Business Intelligence Updates
Updates for On-premises Data Gateway
A new update has been rolled out for the Power BI On-premises data gateway. The update includes new connectors for Oracle Essbase and PDF support in File and of course an updated mashup engine.
In addition, to help alleviate situations where connecting to data sources might be unavailable or slow and you keep having to retry multiple times, a new option is added to “skip test connection” that creates a data source without running into the error.
New Capabilities to Data Gateway Management in Power Platform Admin Center
To help tenant admins have visibility into all On-premises data gateways within their organization, two new capabilities are added: Data Gateway administration page which include more visibility into On-premises data gateway (Personal mode) and the ability to manage installers for On-premises data gateways.
Power BI Home GA
The overall navigation experience in the Power Business Intelligence Updates service has been improved and has been made easier for you to access your most important content by announcing the general availability of Power BI Home.
With this release, a separate section for frequently used work spaces has been added and made them accessible via Favorites and Frequents and added the capability for the users to favorite content directly on Home. Now, Home is a personalized page for both consumers and creators alike.
Additional Power Business Intelligence Updates Capabilities and Support
- Support for Azure Analysis Services – Paginated reports can be built on semantic models from Azure Analysis Services and Power BI datasets.
- Publishing within Power BI Apps – Paginated reports can be published from your workspaces as part of your apps in Power BI Premium.
- Email subscriptions – You can schedule e-mail subscriptions with a PDF attachment of your full paginated report in the Power BI service. You can even set these hourly!
- Oracle and Teradata support – Added Oracle and Teradata data source support to Power BI Report Builder so report authors could connect directly and begin creating paginated reports with these popular data sources.
- A fresh, new approach to data analysis that enables you to pull from and aggregate multiple data sources with ease.
- Better insight into business metrics. Spend more time revealing insights and developing your strategy than you do pulling data.
- Creation and deployment of a PowerBI Dashboard and report to more easily share data and insights.
- Secured approach to reporting on your data sources.
- Trained Business Analyst and Report Writer for your organization, capable of creating future reports.