AX 2012 to D365 Data Upgrade fail

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Locus IT 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anne Smith
    Participant

I try to execute AX2012DataUpgrade-8-1 package by command line on test environment but i get error on step 5 prereq for AX6 data upgrade. Below error

The step: 5 is in failed state, you can use rerunstep command to debug the step explicitly
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.AXUpdateInstallerBase.RunbookExecutor.executeRunbookStepList(RunbookData runbookData, List`1
    runbookStepList, String updatePackageFilePath, Boolean silent, String stepID, ExecuteStepMode executeStepMode, Boolean
    versionCheck, Parameters parameters)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.AXUpdateInstallerBase.RunbookExecutor.executeRunbook(RunbookData runbookData, String updateP
    ackageFilePath, Boolean silent, String stepID, ExecuteStepMode executeStepMode, Boolean versionCheck, Parameters paramet
    ers)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.AXUpdateInstaller.Program.InstallUpdate(String[] args)
    at Microsoft.Dynamics.AX.AXUpdateInstaller.Program.Main(String[] args)
    PS C:\Users\Admine246d9540f\Desktop\MajorVersionDataUpgradePackage_81>

If someone could help me thanks

Locus IT
    Participant

Hello Anne,

The runbooks are updated that will resolve this – runbooks updated are “AX2012DataUpgrade-8-1” & “AX2012DataUpgrade-7-3”

Is your 8.1 database is empty? if not then please select empty database. I believe you already performed all the pre-requisite steps before execution of this. now rerun the step on which you failed

Andrew Jenson
    Participant

Hello Anne,

You can use can use rerunstep command to debug the step explicitly: AXUpdateInstaller.exe execute -runbookid=”your-runbook-id” -rerunstep=5

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar