During Code upgrade from AX 2009 to AX 2012 R3, I am experiencing an issue

Network of MS Dynamics D365, AX, NAV, GP, SL, CRM, RMS, POS professionals Forums Microsoft Dynamics AX / Axapta AX Developers During Code upgrade from AX 2009 to AX 2012 R3, I am experiencing an issue

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Locus IT 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Abu Mohammed Ali
    Participant

During Code upgrade from AX 2009 to AX 2012 R3, I am experiencing an issue. I created a project of all tables which got modified in VAR layer and tried to resolve conflicts there. I compiled all tables but it did not any error as compiler window is not showing which shows all warnings and errors.

Although I can see a small red dot on few methods in tables which indicate there are errors. Can someone tells me what should I have to do?

I also tried to compile the application but it crashes and did not tell any error message. I did try to compile through management shell but it crashes from there too.

Abigail Donovan
    Participant

Hello Abu,

When I installed a hotfix on AX 2012 R2 and ran the full compilation, I came across with similar issue where the compiler window was showing with 1 error, but I couldn’t see the error message. So I recall compiling the tables and classes node separately to find the errors in the code. Not sure if this works for you, as you can’t see the compiler window at all.

Locus IT
    Participant

Hello Abu Mohammed Ali,

It sounds odd that your AX crashes during compilation. Maybe you should try to re-initialize the model store, using Initialize-AXModelStore.

For the compiler output, you could try to switch the output from Form to Message window. The Message window output is not dependent on application code.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar