Network of MS Dynamics D365, AX, NAV, GP, SL, CRM, RMS, POS professionals › Forums › Enabling Configuration Mode in NAV 2017
February 21, 2019 at 5:11 am #12068
< ![CDATA[How to Enable Configuration Mode in NAV 2017? ]]>March 11, 2019 at 7:12 am #12870
Here are the steps to enabling Configuration Mode. While you are in this mode, all of the modifications you make will be applied to everyone that will be assigned this particular role.
1) In NAV, navigate to the Profiles List:
1. <Company Name>/Departments/Administration/Application Setup/RoleTailored Client/Profiles
2. Select the Profile that you would like to use as a template (e.g. Project Manager)
3. In the Actions Ribbon, click Copy Profile
a) This will prompt you to name the new Profile
b) Please note that this step is meant to preserve the default profile roles offered in Dynamics NAV. By copying a profile and then modifying that copy, this will ensure that the
original profile role will remain the same.
2) Once the new Profile appears in the list, close NAV.
3) Create a new NAV shortcut:
1. In File Explorer, navigate to the Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client Icon. Since NAV is installed directly on my computer, I navigated using this directory C:\Program Files
(x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\71\RoleTailored Client
2. Right, Click Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client Icon, create Shortcut (to Desktop)
4) Open the Properties of the newly created shortcut icon.
1. Under the Shortcut menu in the ribbon in the Target field, enter the following text at the end of the directory: -configure -profile:”revised project manager”
a) Notice that the ProfileID is exactly the same that was created in NAV.
b) The text in the Target field should have the following:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\71\RoleTailored Client\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe” -configure -profile:”revised project manager”
5) Rename the Shortcut icon so that you will know it is in Configuration Mode.
1. E.g. I renamed it: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client – Revised_Project_Manager Config Role
6) Double click the Configuration Mode icon and it will take you into Configuration Mode in NAV. Notice in the top right corner that you are now in Configuration Mode.
7) Now, you can customize the User Interface:
1. Once you are finished customizing, assign the users to the new role
a) Navigate to: <Company Name>/Departments/Administration/Application Setup/RoleTailored Client/User Personalization
b) Double-click User ID
c) Select the new Profile ID
8) Exit out of Configuration Mode.
1. Please be mindful that every time that you enter through the Configuration Shortcut, whatever personal customizations you do will impact all the other users who are assigned to
9) Next time that the users enter NAV, their UI will be changed according to your configuration.
- This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by developer123.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.