Error when upgrading from AX 4.0 with SQL 2005 to AX 2009 with SQL 2008

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Locus IT 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anne Smith
    Participant

I’m upgrading from AX 4.0 with SQL 2005 to AX 2009 with SQL 2008. I have completed my code upgrade. In data upgrade when i click on pre-synchronize link (data upgrade cockpit) appears, but nothing happens for hours together.. What can be the problem?

I took data backup from SQL 2005 and I restore in SQL 2008. While installing AX 2009 , i pointed to the database which i had restored in SQL 2008 ……Plz help

Locus IT
    Participant

Hello Anne,

Go through these and follow each step , i hope it is useful to u:

The steps below provide a high-level overview of the tasks that you must complete to upgrade from Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0 to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009.

1. Back up your existing database and application files.
    2. (Optional) To help improve performance, remove all user data and logs of Microsoft Dynamics AX 4.0. For example, clean up the SysDatabaseLog table.
    3. (Optional) To help improve performance, set initial data and log file sizes so that they don’t increase while you perform the data upgrade process.
    4. (Optional) To help improve performance, set the recovery model to Simple for the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 Database.
    5. Back up your Microsoft Dynamics AX database. Your database is ready to be upgraded.
    6. Run the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 Setup file from the installation media. During installation, select your existing Microsoft Dynamics AX database.
    7. Install Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 Service Pack 1.
    8. Start the Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 client. The Upgrade checklist is displayed automatically.
    9. Complete the steps in the Upgrade checklist to finish upgrading.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Skip to toolbar