1. Open the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Windows client or the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Web client.
2. In the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Windows client, in the Search box, enter Web Services, and then choose the related link.
In the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Web client, choose the Search for Page or Report button, enter Web Services, and then choose the related link.
3. In the Web Services page, choose New.
4. In the Object Type column, select Codeunit, Page, or Query.
5. In the Object ID column, select the object ID of the object that you want to expose. For example, to expose the customer card as a web service, enter 21.
If the database contains multiple companies, you can choose an object ID that is specific to one of the companies.
6. In the Service Name field, assign a name to the web service. For example, if you expose the customer card as a web service, enter Customers.
7. Select the checkbox in the Published column.
When you publish the web service, in the OData URL and SOAP URL fields, you can see the URLs that are generated for the web service. You can test the web service immediately by choosing the links in the OData URL and SOAP URL fields. Optionally, you can copy the value of the field and save it for later use.
After you publish a web service, it is available on the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server computer that you were connected to when you published. The web service is available across all Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server instances running on the server computer.
You can verify the availability of that web service by using a browser, or you can choose the link in the OData URL and SOAP URL fields in the Web Services window. The following procedure illustrates how you can verify the availability of the web service for later use.