A smaller set of the Dynamics GP Additional Components are separate installations available on the Dynamics GP media. These Dynamics GP extra Components are listed on the main Dynamics GP installation window for media.
Depending on your organization’s needs, you may have purchased the Dynamics GP Additional Features that include specialized functionality to your Dynamics GP system. An MS Dynamics GP feature can be a single function or a complete range of related business and accounting tasks that use one or more modules. Several products that integrate with the Dynamics GP are added on the Dynamics GP media.
Dynamics GP Additional Components
|Analysis Cubes Server||Installs the Analysis Cube Server configuration wizards for the SQL Server 2012, SQL Server 2014, and SQL Server 2016.|
|Dynamics GP Add-in for Microsoft Word||Installs the code necessary to enable the template mapping so you can make and modify the Word templates for Dynamics GP.|
|eConnect||A document integration tool that enables the high volume, high-speed programmatic integration to and from applications and the Dynamics GP back office solution.|
|Integration Manager||Allows to perform one-time information conversion from your existing system to Dynamics GP products, or to perform ongoing integrations from other applications.|
|Tenant Service||The service that will provide tenant and the user configuration data to applications. This service is required if you are setting up the Dynamics GP Web Client for many tenants.|
|Web Client||The web server components that will give you the browser access to Dynamics GP.|
|GP Web Resource Cache||Install on each session server to improve the performance by enabling web client caching.|
|Web Services Run time||The run time engine that adds a Web Services interface to Dynamics GP. Install this component if you want to run the integrations that access Dynamics GP data through Web Services. Several prerequisites must be met before the installation of this component. Refer to the Web Services Installation and the Administration Guide for more information.|
|Web Services Management Tools||Installs the Security Console and Exceptions Management Console, which you can use to administer the security and exception information for Web Services for Dynamics GP. Install this component if you want to manage the Web Services from the workstation separate from where the Web Services Runtime is installed.|
|Companion Application Services||A tool that enables you to connect with your Dynamics GP application to a data source.|
|GP PowerShell||PowerShell cmdlets that perform various configuration tasks for an MS Dynamics GP web client installation.|
Installing Dynamics GP Additional Components
Use this procedure to install the additional component after you’ve installed Dynamics GP. Before installing Dynamics GP Additional Components, you should make a complete backup of your data.
Every additional component has its own installation instructions and the documentation that you can access before you install the component. After seeing the documentation you can install the component.
To install Dynamics GP Additional Components:
- From the Microsoft Dynamics GP installation media, double-click the Setup.exe file to open the Dynamics GP installation window.
- Click to the additional component you want to install and then click to View Documentation.
- After you review the documentation, install the component by clicking additional component you want to install and then by clicking Install.
- According to the component you have installed, you may be instructed to restart your computer.
- When the installation of the Extra component is complete, you can either install another component or close the main Dynamics GP installation window.
Dynamics GP Features
After you’ve installed the Dynamics GP, you may decide to purchase an additional feature or remove a feature. You can use the choose the Features window to install or uninstall the feature.
You can register the Dynamics GP using the Registration window after you install. The following lists show the Dynamics GP features. The features available depends on the country or the region you have chosen when installing the Dynamics GP.
For all countries and regions:
- Analysis Cubes Client
- Analytical Accounting
- Date Effective Tax Rates
- Electronic Bank Reconcile
- Encumbrance Management
- Enhanced Intrastat
- Fixed Asset Management
- Grant Management
- Multilingual Checks
- Payment Document Management
- Professional Services Tools Library
- Project Accounting
- Revenue/Expense Deferrals
- Safe Pay
- Service-Based Architecture
- VAT Daybook
- Web Client Runtime
For all countries and regions except Canada and the United States:
- Bank Management
- Direct Debit Refunds
- Scheduled Installments
For the United States:
- Human Resources and Payroll suite
For Belgium and France:
- Export Financial Data
Adding or Removing Additional Dynamics GP Features
Use the installation wizard to include or remove the features from your Dynamics GP installation. You also can use the Program Maintenance window, opened from the Include or Remove Programs control panel, to add or remove the features. You should make the complete backup of your information before adding or removing the features. Removing the feature does not remove the tables from the database.
Be sure to follow the instructions in the MS Dynamics GP utility windows after installing a feature. Depending on the feature that you’re installing, you have to update the tables and update your companies.
After you install the feature, make sure that the feature is at the current version. You can’t log in to the Dynamics GP on a client computer if a product installed on the client has different version information than the server. You can use GP_LoginErrors. file in your temporary directory to support resolve version information issue.
To add or remove additional features:
- Start the installation wizard. You can use either of the following methods.
From the Dynamics GP installation, double-click the Setup.exe file to open the Dynamics GP installation window. Choose the existing instance of the Dynamics GP in the Instance Selection window and then click Next.
Open the Control Panel > Programs and the Features or Uninstall a program choose the Dynamics GP. Click Change to open the Program Maintenance window.
- Click Add/Remove Features.
- In the Select Features window, choose the features to install or to uninstall. When you install the new feature, you won’t re-install the features that have been installed previously.
When you click the button for the feature, the pop-up menu of options appears. Refer to the following table for more information about each option.
|Run from My computer||The chosen feature will be installed on the local hard disk. (This option installs the feature, but not the subfeatures.)|
|Run all from My computer||Will install the feature and all of the sub-features.|
|Not available||Will not install the selected feature or the sub-features.|
After you have Mentioned the feature or the features, click Next.
- In the Install Program window, click Install.
- The Installation Progress window appears, where you can see the status of the installation.
- In the Installation Complete window, click Exit.
- Start Dynamics GP Utilities. Choose Start >> All Programs >> Microsoft Dynamics >> GP>> and GP Utilities.
- Welcome to the Microsoft Dynamics GP utility window opens when you are logged into the server you chosen. Read the message and click Next.
- Follow the instructions in Microsoft Dynamics GP utility windows. According to the feature that you’re installing, you may have to update the tables and update your companies.
- After the process is finished, the Additional Tasks window will open, where you can perform the additional tasks, start the Dynamics GP, or exit the installation.