John replied to the topic How to have a successful Dynamics 365 implementations? in the forum D365 Consulting & Configuration 6 months, 2 weeks ago
For solution you can follow the link which is given below.
John replied to the topic How to do the Data Upgrade from NAV 2013 to NAV 2018 CU5 (Build 21836)? in the forum NAV Installation & Administration 8 months, 2 weeks ago
This cumulative update includes all hotfixes and regulatory features that have been released for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018, including hotfixes and regulatory features that were released in previous cumulative updates.
This cumulative update replaces previously released cumulative updates. You should always install the latest…[Read more]
A cumulative update is a cumulative set of files that includes all hotfixes and regulatory features that have been released for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016.
The latest cumulative update listed in this article includes hotfixes and regulatory features released for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016, including hotfixes and regulatory…[Read more]
We can directly upgrade from one of these below versions
1. Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013
2. Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 R2
3. Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015
4. Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016
Please go through the below link for the answer
John replied to the topic How to upgrade the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 database versions to NAV 2018? in the forum NAV Consulting and Configuration 8 months, 3 weeks ago
You use data conversion tools provided with Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 to convert the old data with the old version’s table and field structure so that it functions together with the new version’s table and field structure. Mainly, only table objects and table data are modified during the data upgrade process. Other objects, suc…[Read more]
Typically, customers want all the customizations that have been implemented in their existing databases to be migrated to their new Business Central databases. Depending on the version of Business Central that a database is being upgraded from, the number of code changes between the two versions can vary.
To upgrade the…[Read more]
John replied to the topic How to convert a Database from NAV 2016 to NAV 2017? in the forum NAV Installation & Administration 8 months, 4 weeks ago
To upgrade the database to NAV 2017, the following steps must be completed.
1. Convert the Database
2. Upgrade the Application code
3. Upgrade the Data
4. For Converting the database
5. For Upgradation of the Application code
John started the topic Installing the Microsoft Dynamics AX Feature Pack components and models in the forum AX Installation & Administration 9 months, 2 weeks ago
Can anyone please let me know how can I Install the Microsoft Dynamics AX Feature Pack components and models for performing in-place upgrade to AX 2012 R2?
John started the topic AX Code Upgrade steps are valid or how to go about it? in the forum AX Installation & Administration 10 months, 2 weeks ago
Requirement for Upgrading AX 3.0 to AX 2012
1. Code Upgrade from AX 3.0 to AX 2009
2. Data Upgrade from AX 3.0 to AX 2009
3. Code upgrade from AX 2009 to AX 2012 R2.
4. Data Upgrade from AX 3.0 to AX 2012 R2.
5. Repeat the data upgrade steps for AX 3.0 to AX 2009 to bring the delta data after cutover.
6. Repeat the data…[Read more]
Below you will find a list of tasks that you should complete when upgrading your existing Dynamics AX system. If any of the following tasks are not done correctly, the upgrade process will be a mess if not a failure.
1. Code Upgrade: With the major changes introduced, this task will be one of the lengthiest tasks. Depending on the amount of…[Read more]
John replied to the topic How to upgrade data to the latest Business Central in a multitenant deployment? in the forum NAV Installation & Administration 11 months, 1 week ago
In a multitenant deployment, information about the Microsoft Dynamics NAV application is stored in a separate application database. Your customers’ data is stored in separate business databases, each of which is a tenant in your deployment. By separating the application from data, you can deploy the same solution to many c…[Read more]
John replied to the topic How to Publish and Test Webservices in Dynamics NAV? in the forum NAV Installation & Administration 1 year ago
To create and publish a web service
1. Open the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Windows client or the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Web client.
2. In the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Windows client, in the Search box, enter Web Services, and then choose the related link.
In the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Web client, choose the Search for Page or…[Read more]
MS Dynamics uses SQL server as database. On-premise and on cloud version both use SQL server, however, any sandbox or multi-tier environment will have Azure SQL as the database.
John replied to the topic Difference between Microsoft Dynamics AX 7 and Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 in the forum AX Consulting & Configuration 1 year ago
MS Dynamics is a in demand ERP solution which supports a wide variety of businesses in a range of industries streamline their operations and become more efficient. Things have now been taken to the next level with the newest version of Microsoft Dynamics, The New AX (AX 7, now Dynamics 365 for Operations), which will be able to…[Read more]
John replied to the topic How can we connect a Power BI desktop with Dynamics 365 online? in the forum D365 Developers 1 year ago
1. Start Power BI Desktop and click “Get data”.
2. Select “Online Services > Dynamics 365 (online)” and click “Connect”.
3. Enter the URL for your Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations environment and append “/data” to the URL. Click “OK”.
4. In the OData feed window, you will select “Organizational acc…[Read more]