CRM Sales Literature provides a place to store sales information for your organization. It provides the sales team users to place to store and access to the brochures, promotional materials, pricing structures, and other related literature. It also provides an easy way to send leads and contacts information right from within Dynamics CRM.
Some examples of CRM sales literature you may want to add include:
- Competitor sales literature
- Product guides
- Price comparison documents
The following are the working sections of Microsoft Dynamics CRM sales literature
- Associating sales literature
- Adding sales literature
- Sending sales literature
Associating sales literature
Creating associations between your sales data and other entities will support you to organize and access the data you need and push it out to the right people. Here are some methods you can associate sales literature:
- Associate the sales brochure with a product, competitor, or with both
- Associate a product flyer to a marketing campaign.
Adding sales literature
1. Navigate to the Sales > Sales Literature and click to the New. This will bring up the new Sales Literature record for you to create.
2. Enter information about the sales literature, including Title, Subject, Type, Employee contact, Expiration date, and Description.
3. When you have done entering the data, click the Save button in a command bar.
4. Once you’ve saved the Sales Literature record, you can include the attachment. To do this, click to the Add a Sales Attachment in a command bar, or use the ‘+’ icon in the sales attachments sub-grid.
5. In the new window, including the Title for your sales literature attachment, and click the Browse button to find the document you want to attach.
6. After you’ve selected your file, click to the Attach and Save your Sales Attachment record.
Sending sales literature
Sales literature can be sent from within Microsoft Dynamics CRM, from the App for Outlook, or from within the Outlook Client.
Sending from Dynamics CRM Online or On-Premise
There are multiple ways to send sales literature from Dynamics CRM. To send from the CRM sales literature record itself:
1. Navigate to the Sales, and under Collateral, select the Sales Literature. Select the Sales Literature item that you wish to send.
2. Choose to Send As Email from the command bar.
3. Select the user and send it to from the From field, and the lead/contact/account you’d like to send it to in the To field. Finish editing your email message and click to the Send a command bar, or Save if you wish to send later.
From the Outlook Client
If you have MS Dynamics 365 for the Outlook client installed, you can send your sales literature right from the Outlook.
- Make sure that the sales literature you want to send is already included the MS Dynamics 365.
- Open the new email in the Outlook and click to the Set Regarding in the ribbon. Select the record that you will be sending the sales literature too.
- Click to the Attach Sales Literature in the ribbon and select the item(s) you wish to attach.
- Edit and send your email message.
From the App for Outlook
If you are using the Dynamics 365 App for the Outlook to integrate with the Dynamics 365 instead, you can still attach the sales literature to e-mails.
- Connect to the Dynamics 365 by clicking to the Dynamics icon.
- Click on the Sales Lit in Dynamics 365 panel to the right.
- 3. Search for the sales literature by the Subject associated with that sales literature.
- 4. Select Add to Email