Microsoft Dynamics CRM Entitlement is used to define the kind of support customers are eligible for.
Dynamics CRM Entitlement helps customer service representatives to verify for what type of support customers are eligible for and create cases for them based on the entitlement terms.
Dynamics CRM Entitlement can be created for different customers or types of customers. The customer support level can vary based on a product or a service the customer has purchased.
Customers who have purchased different products can be entitled to different help levels. They can be defined based on the number of cases or number of service hours that the customer is eligible for.
The Following Dynamics CRM Entitlement sections include:
- Create an Entitlement
- Entitlement Lifecycle
- Associate Entitlements with a Case
Create an Entitlement
Entitlements can be created by the navigating to Settings > Service Management > Entitlements > New.
- Fill in all business required fields. Once Saved, you can select to define the Entitlement Channels, Products, and Contacts that are eligible for the entitlement.
- Name – What’s the name of this entitlement
- Primary Customer – Associate the existing Account or the Customer record with this particular entitlement
- Start Date – Date the entitlement is effective from.
- End Date – Date the entitlement will expire.
- Restrict based on the entitlement terms – To prevent the creation of the cases when the terms of the entitlement are not met, then set the field to Yes.
- Owner – The default is whoever makes the entitlement
- Allocation Type – Choose between the number of cases or number of hours
- Decrease Remaining On – Select when to decrement the terms of entitlement on case creation or the resolution
2. Set the total terms of the entitlement defining how many cases, or how many hours of support are the customer is entitled to
3. Define the Entitlement Channel to track which channels your customers can reach out to you for support. Use the ‘+’ icon on the subgrid to include the channel and the amount allocated for that channel. For example, perhaps we prefer the customer submit cases via e-mail so we set 20 cases via the e-mail channel and only 10 via the phone channel.
4. Optionally, associate a product to an entitlement. Click the + icon on the product sub-grid and search for existing products to add the product or products that apply to this entitlement. If you don’t associate the product the customer is entitled to help for all products.
5. If an Entitlement is restricted to specific contacts that can request support you can list them in the Contacts sub-grid. To include the Contacts click the + icon and search for all contacts associated with the Account. If you don’t list any contacts, all the contacts are allowed to request support.
6. Once the Entitlement is configured select the Activate button from the command bar to enable this entitlement. If the entitlement is not activated it can’t be utilized, and the activated entitlements can’t be edited. However, the entitlements can be deactivated if they need to be edited.
A final note on the Entitlement creation is that we can create entitlement templates to facilitate a framework for creating new entitlements quickly and ensure that some defaults are set for consistent entitlement creation. Templates are optional but can be useful if the entitlements need to be created frequently.
Entitlements have multiple statuses. When entitlements are first created they are in draft status. Draft status entitlements are able to be edited, but it cannot be associated with the cases.
If the entitlement is activated but has the start date in the future it will have the status of Waiting until the start date is reached. Waiting for the entitlements cannot be edited, and cannot have the cases associated with it.
Entitlements that are activated and are within the start and end date for the entitlement will have the status of Active. Active entitlements cannot be edited, and the cases can be associated with the entitlement.
Once end date has passed on the entitlement the status of the record will be Expired. Expired entitlements cannot be edited, no cases can be included to it, and they have the ability to be renewed.
At any time an entitlement can be canceled. Canceled the entitlements cannot be edited, cannot be associated with cases, but they can be renewed.
Selecting to Renew the entitlement will cause the Dynamics Customer Relationship Management to look at the terms of the entitlement that is selected and populate a new entitlement with that information. The date range will be evaluated and the new range will be set for a new time frame. For example, if the original entitlement had the date range of 3 months, the renewed entitlement will be automatically set to be three months. All of these terms can, of course, be edited before being activated, but the renewal can save time.
Associate Entitlements with a Case
When the case form an Entitlement field is the Lookup field. The Lookup will look for the active entitlements that are associated with a customer on the case.
The Entitlement section on a case form will display the customer service representative a fast look at the terms of the entitlement for the customer.