This article will tell you how to install the Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 cumulative update. You have to recompile all the objects after you install the cumulative update.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 cumulative update is the cumulative set of files that adds all the hotfixes and the regulatory features that have been released for the Dynamics Navision 2018.
The cumulative update adds files that are separated into the below folders:
How to install the cumulative update files
The APPLICATION folder includes the following files:
- AccumulatedChangeLog.<Locale>.<Build No.>.txt
- Changelog.<Locale>.<Build No.>.txt
- CUObjects.<Locale>.<Build No.>.fob
- Objects.<Locale>.Objects.<Locale>.<Build No.>.txt
To install the application files, follow these steps:
- Unmodified databases:
- Import the CUObjects.<Locale>.<Build No.>.fob file into an unmodified Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 database.
- Replace the existing objects in a database with a cumulative update object.
- Modified the databases or the local databases for which local cumulative updates are not released:
- Import the CUObjects.<Locale>.<Build No.>.fob file into the Import Worksheet window in your modified database.
- Replace the objects in your database that have NOT modified.
- Use the CUObjects.<Locale>.<Build No.>.txt file to compare and merge the cumulative update objects with the objects in your database that have been modified.
Or, you may use the Changelog.<Locale>.<Build No.>.txt file to manually apply the changes to the objects in your database.
Note If the table in a cumulative update has the new field and the same table in your database has been modified, use a Merge: Existing<-New or the Merge: New<-Existing options in the Import Worksheet window to import the new fields.
Note about Regulatory Features If a license update is required for a regulatory feature, customers can download an updated license from CustomerSource and partners can download their customers’ updated license from VOICE.
The following components are defining the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Platform:
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV Web Client
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV Windows Client
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV Service Tier
The Microsoft Dynamics NAV platform can be installed by the following methods:
- Use the installation program
- Un-install current client or server
- Open the DVD folder and run the setup.exe
- Connect to the database
Note This is a recommended method because different installations may have different strategies. For example, stx/etx file updates may not be included in a localized or Multi-language setting.
- Use the ClickOnceInstaller (Web Client and Windows Client only)