NAV Sales Offers
You create a Dynamics NAV sales Offers quote to record your offer to a customer to sell certain products on certain delivery and payment terms. You can send the sales quote to the customer to communicate the NAV Sales offers. You can have the email body prefilled with the summary of the quote.
While you negotiate with the customer, you can change and resend the sales quote as much as needed. When the customer accepts the quote, you convert the sales quote to the sales invoice or the sales order in which you process the sale.
You can fill customer fields on the sales quote in two ways depending on whether the customer is already registered. View the steps 2 and 3 in the given procedure.
To create a sales quote
- On the Home page, select the Sales Quote action.
- In the Customer field, enter the name of an existing customer. Other fields in the Sales Quote window contain the standard data of the selected customer. If the customer is not registered, follow the below steps:
- In the Customer field, enter the name of a new customer.
- In the dialog box about registering the new customer, select the Yes button.
- In Select, a template for a new customer window, select the template to base a new customer card on and then select the OK button.
- A new customer card displays information on the selected customer template. Fill in the remaining fields.
- When you have completed the customer card, choose the OK button to return to the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Sales Offers Quote window. Several fields on the sales quote are now filled with the data that you mentioned on the new customer card.
- Fill the remaining fields in the Sales Quote window as it is necessary. Select the field to read a short description of the field or link to more data.
You are now ready to fill the sales order lines for the products that you are selling to a customer or for any transaction with the customer that you want to record in a G/L account.
9. On the Lines Fast Tab, in the Type field, select what type of product, charge, or transaction that you will post for the customer with the sales line.
10. In the No. field, choose the record to post according to the value in the Type field.
You leave the No. field empty in the following cases:
- If the line is for comment. Write the comment in the Description field.
- If the line is for a nonstock item. Choose the Select Nonstock Items action.
- In the Quantity field, enter how many units of the product, charge, or the transaction that the line will record for the customer.
The value in the Line Amount field is calculated as the Unit Price x Quantity.
The price and the line amounts are with or without sales tax, depending on what you have chosen in the Prices Including Tax field on the customer card.
12. If you want to provide the discount, enter the percentage in the Line Discount % field. The value in the Line Amount field updates accordingly.
If special item prices are set up on the Sales Prices and Sales Line Discounts Fast Tab on the customer or item card, the price and amount on the sales line automatically update if the price criteria are met.
13. Repeat the steps 9 through 12 for every product you want to provide the customer.
The totals under the lines are automatically calculated as you created or modify the lines.
14. In the Invoice Discount Amount field, enter the amount that should be deducted from the value displayed in the Total Incl. Tax field.
If you have set up the invoice discounts for a customer, then the mentioned the percentage value is automatically inserted in the Invoice Discount % field if the criteria are met, and the related amount is inserted in the Invoice Discount Amount Excl. Tax field.
15. When the sales quote lines are completed, select the Send by Email action.
16. In Send Email window, fill any remaining fields and review the embedded sales quote.
17. If the customer accepts the quote, select the Make Invoice or the Make Order action.